Tuesday, July 19, 2011


Now it’s time to get to know Anna Maria, our Senior Decorator and Teacher, a little better.

How long have you been with Planet Cake?
This is my sixth year at Planet Cake. Teaching was an occasional part of the job when I started, however as the courses have grown I am teaching a lot more these days!

What does being the Senior Decorator and Teacher involve?

Lots of work! Being the Senior Decorator involves having a lot of responsibility as sometimes last minute things get thrown at me! It also involves having the opportunity to do some beautiful high-end cakes which is a very positive aspect of the job, but of course there is a lot of pressure to make sure the end result is perfect!

As the Senior Teacher, there is a lot of preparation for classes involved, as well as developing new classes and doing the step by step process for classes and course notes. It also involves some experimenting with various cakes in my own time in order to decide how the students will get the best learning outcomes from various techniques.

What’s the best thing about your job?

It’s an opportunity to be creative. I love designing new cakes when I get the time. I love to teach and to encourage others to love cake decorating and to get them hooked on it!! I want every student to go home happy with what they’ve made.

How did you come to Planet Cake?

Paris and I had previously worked together at another cake decorating studio, and she asked me to join the Planet Cake team.

And finally…?

I am born into the food industry! I have been making cakes from a very early age and I absolutely love what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment